Sunday, August 7, 2011

And the redesign begins

Hola, iTravellers. I've decided to get rid of the complicated message-board structure I've had going for the last year or so and replace it with this simple blog. Comment away if you have bug reports, feature requests, or other commentary!

In the meantime, a quick update: I'm back from my own travels (two months spread across Ethiopia, Kenya, Djibouti, England, France, and India - see my personal blog for details and pictures) and busy updating the app again.

Android version 3.6, which is out now, and iPhone Version 3.4, which should hopefully be approved by the App Store by the time you read this, include a bunch of helpful UI tweaks, such as indicating which pages or sections or empty, and automatically setting the map to show your last category selection; an option to view a hierarchical tree of the pages you've downloaded, instead of just a flast list; links to Yelp and TripAdvisor in eat/drink/buy and sleep listings, respectively, when online; a new "About" page that shows you how much of your precious space the app is using; and more!

So give 'em a whirl, and if you run into any bugs, please email me at
itravel@rezendi.com posthaste, and I'll fix 'em before you know it.

Thanks!

Jon Evans
www.rezendi.com

No comments: